Blade C Competency test (SE-P-16550)
PurposeThe overall purpose of the course is to enable the participant to expand their knowledge and skills to include the workflow scenario II according to Work Instruction D1464420 Introduction to blade structural repair.
ObjectivesUpon completion of the course the participants are able to:
- - Demonstrate execution of repairs according to relevant Work Instructions (WI) and Checklists (CH) which are mentioned in workflow scenarios II in Work Instruction D1464420 Introduction to blade structural repair.
- - Explain with own words the structure of the Integral Blade® and the relation between inner and outer laminate by analyzing the laminate plan.
- - Demonstrate safe and proper handling of grinding/sanding machines and the usage of appropriate PPE according to relevant safety rules in the work instructions.
- - Practice repair quality as specified in the work instructions
- - Discuss and argue why the repair is of bad quality.
- - Demonstrate how to plan the work effectively so that the work gets done correctly in world quality and in the shortest possible time according to time limits given by the instructor.
- - Show how to use appropriate PPE according to relevant work instructions with respect to the material (filler paint and resin etc.) being used.
- - Demonstrate how to document (Photo card, check lists, etc.) the repair work both before during and after repair work.
- - Show how to work safely with epoxy, mixing 2-component material and handle it as specified in the relevant Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- - Demonstrate and perform quality control on own and others' fiberglass repair work with relevant technical explanation according to work instructions.
- - Demonstrate correct sorting of waste.
Upon completion of the course the participants have obtained the following competencies:
To execute repairs according to relevant Work Instructions (WI) and Checklists (CH) which are mentioned in workflow scenarios II in Work Instruction D1464420 Introduction to blade structural repair
Welcome and safety information
Personal safety in relation to work with epoxy resins and isocyanates
Assembly of grinder and respirator
Safe use of grinder
Using photo card
Review of relevant work instruction and check lists
How to order a specific laminate plan
Review of laminate plan
Repair blade to balsa (See D1464420)
Curing with heating blanket
Take Tg. sample
Repair blade in an area with balsa (See D1464420)
Apply filler on the repair
Painting the repair
Assessment of the repair
Who should attend?This course is intended for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy's and approved subcontractor's employees whose duties include advanced repair of complicated blade structural damages on SGRE blades.
PrerequisitesAt least 5-6 months of experience with glass fiber repairs in terms of grinding, painting and finishing on Wind turbine blades.
It is the responsibility of the participant's employer / supervisor / foreman that he has adequate blade repair field experience to participate in the Blade C competency test.
It is the responsibility of the participant's employer / supervisor / foreman that the participant has adequate blade repair field experience to participate in the Blade C competency test.
If the assessment is not passed, a Blade C: Repair of complicated blade structural damage (SE-P-16000) must be completed and passed.
@ 3 Participants: $4,025
@4 Participants: $3,655
@5 Participants: $3,433
Course duration3 days
Export controlAL-Number: N
Course datesThe following dates are available
Sorry, currently no course events are available.
Contact person:Siemens Wind Service Training Center
Address:Siemens Wind Service Training Center
7415 Emerald Dunes Drive, Suite 100
FL 32822 Orlando
United States of America