GWO BSTR-P First Aid Refresher Partial (SE-P-50301)
PurposeThe aim is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills from GWO BST First Aid training through theoretical and practical training so that course participants can administer safe and effective first aid in the wind industry and the wind turbine environment.
ObjectivesOn course completion the participant shall be able to:
- - Explain the importance of safely and correctly carrying out First Aid in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) e.g. European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines
- - Identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of injuries and illness related to the human body
- - Explain the correct order of management in emergency situations in a wind turbine work environment
- - Demonstrate correct use of First Aid equipment in First Aid scenarios
Theory / Practice
90% / 10%
Who should attend?The course is intended for personnel aiming to reduce their first aid skill fade during COVID-19 extension in situations where formal refresher training is unavailable.
The course is relevant for personnel with valid GWO First Aid qualification.
PrerequisitesValid GWO BST First Aid OR GWO BST First Aid Refresher
NotesWINDA is Global Wind Organization's online training records database.
As Training Providers are required to upload a training record to your WINDA profile, you must register with a Delegate profile in WINDA.
Go to https://winda.globalwindsafety.org/ and click register - and get more information.
You must provide your WINDA ID to the Training Provider so they can upload your training records.
Existing expiry date + 6 months as per GWO BSTR-P
System requirements needed to run this e-learning:
Online communication platform software as per Training Center requirements/Joining instructions e.g. Skype, MS Teams, Adobe Connect, WebEx, and/or Facetime
Webcam and microphone
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Processor: Dual Core 2 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk: 1GB of free disk space
Sound Card and Speakers (or headphones)
Graphics processor: Intel HD3000 or better
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixel (24 Bit) or 1920 x 1080 pixel
Internet Connection: 4Mbps Broadband connection (or equivalent)
Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 10+, Firefox 25+, Chrome 30+, Edge
Internet Browser Requirements:
- - Adobe Flash Player 12 or above
- - Pop-ups enabled
- - Cookies enabled
Course duration4.3 hours
Export controlAL-Number: N/A
Course datesThe following dates are available
Teams (US Eastern Time)
LiveMeeting (GMT-5), United States of America
|13.Nov 2020, 10:30 - 13.Nov 2020, 14:45||
|LiveMeeting (GMT-5)||09.Dec 2020, 12:30 - 09.Dec 2020, 16:45||
|LiveMeeting (GMT-5)||18.Dec 2020, 12:00 - 18.Dec 2020, 16:15||
Contact person:Siemens Wind Service Training Center
Address:Siemens Wind Service Training Center
7415 Emerald Dunes Drive, Suite 100
FL 32822 Orlando
United States of America