SGRE Advanced Rescue Training Refresher - Partial (SE-P-COVAR)
PurposeThe aim of the course is to ensure that the participant is competent to perform rescue operations inside a WTG hub, spinner, blade, nacelle, tower and basement - in teams and as a single rescuer, by using industry standard rescue equipment, methods and techniques, exceeding those of GWO Working at Height.
ObjectivesUpon completion of the course the participant must be able to:
- - Explain hazards and risks associated with working at heights in a WTG
- - Assess and determine rescue strategy (relevant rescue method, technique, certified equipment, and required personnel) for various rescue scenarios in a WTG
- - Assess and determine evacuation strategy during a rescue operation, attending to a clear and preferred evacuation route for the injured person outside or inside the
- - Apply rescue methods and techniques in performing descending and ascending rescue operations in a WTG - as a rescue team coordinator, team member and single rescuer
- - Apply cervical collar, rescue stretcher, spine board, manually and power-driven lowering/raising rescue system (rescue device, pulley system or similar)
- - Perform clear and precise communication during the rescue operation, and apply guidance to other emergency responders coordinating the handover of an injured person
- - Explain and control common risks of hazardous energies and common hazards of enclosed space areas, when performing rescue operations in a WTG
- - Achieve a check mark finishing all of the videos
Theory / Practice
100% / 0%
Who should attend?The course is intended for personnel aiming to reduce their Advanced Rescue skill fade during COVID-19 extension in situations where formal refresher training is unavailable.
The course is relevant for personnel with valid GWO Advanced Rescue Training or SGRE Advanced Rescue.
PrerequisitesValid GWO Advanced Rescue Training or SGRE Advanced Rescue
NotesThis is a specific selection of SGRE Advanced Rescue videos.
The total duration of video is approx. 90 minutes depending on your bandwidth.
During the videos, please consider how the rescue methods and techniques apply to your specific WTG platform and pause or replay each individual video to the extent needed - in order to refresh your Advanced Rescue skills.
Be aware that the videos may not be fully up to date e.g. concerning PPE requirements, fall protection procedures, rescue techniques or equipment.
Not all rescue methods, techniques and equipment are covered in this material; e.g. Rescue-up and Helicopter rescue are not included.
The rescue operations, methods and techniques are intended to serve solely as an outline of procedures and is in no way a substitute for proper training, experience and good judgment. No guide can predict every situation nor anticipate the abilities of each viewer. You must assume responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others while working at height. It is the viewer's responsibilityto seek qualified instruction on safe working and rescue at height and ensure compliance with Siemens Gamesa's Training Standards, standard work procedures and legislative requirements for safe working practices. This material is published with no liability to the authors, editors or any person associated with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy.
System requirements needed to run this e-learning:
System course duration: The time shown below is pure system time for the course.
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Processor: Dual Core 2 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk: 1GB of free disk space
Sound Card and Speakers (or headphones)
Graphics processor: Intel HD3000 or better
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixel (24 Bit) or 1920 x 1080 pixel
Internet Connection: 4Mbps Broadband connection (or equivalent)
Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 10+, Firefox 25+, Chrome 30+, Edge
Internet Browser Requirements:
- - Adobe Flash Player 12 or above
- - Pop-ups enabled
- - Cookies enabled
Course duration90 minutes
Export controlAL-Number: N
Contact person:Elearning Support
Phone: +91 (0)44-30989830
Address:Global Training Excellence, Processes & Tools Dept
Phone: +91 (0)44-30989830