GWO BSTR-P Manual Handling Refresher Partial (SE-P-50302)
PurposeThe aim is to develop a positive manual handling and ergonomic mindset, encourage course participants to consider alternatives to manual handling through planning and to train the course participants ability and attitude to perform manual handling tasks in a safe manner in the wind industry and wind turbine environment
ObjectivesOn course completion the participant shall be able to:
- - Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to manual handling in a wind turbine environment
- - Demonstrate manual handling risk reduction techniques
- - Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase their risk of developing muscular/ skeletal injuries
- - Explain the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic work location
- - Explain safe practises of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment
- - Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
Theory / Practice
80% / 20%
Who should attend?The course is intended for personnel aiming to reduce their manual handling skill fade during COVID-19 extension in situations where formal refresher training is unavailable.
The course is relevant for personnel with valid GWO Manual Handling qualification.
PrerequisitesValid GWO BST Manual Handling OR GWO BST Manual Handling Refresher
NotesWINDA is Global Wind Organization's online training records database.
As Training Providers are required to upload a training record to your WINDA profile, you must register with a Delegate profile in WINDA.
Go to https://winda.globalwindsafety.org/ and click register - and get more information.
You must provide your WINDA ID to the Training Provider so they can upload your training records.
Existing expiry date + 6 months as per GWO BSTR-P
System requirements needed to run this e-learning:
Online communication platform software as per Training Center requirements/Joining instructions e.g Skype, MS Teams, Adobe Connect, WebEx, and/or Facetime
Webcam and microphone
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Processor: Dual Core 2 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk: 1GB of free disk space
Sound Card and Speakers (or headphones)
Graphics processor: Intel HD3000 or better
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixel (24 Bit) or 1920 x 1080 pixel
Internet Connection: 4Mbps Broadband connection (or equivalent)
Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 10+, Firefox 25+, Chrome 30+, Edge
Internet Browser Requirements:
- - Adobe Flash Player 12 or above
- - Pop-ups enabled
- - Cookies enabled
Course duration2.6 hours
Export controlAL-Number: N/A
Course datesThe following dates are available
Teams (US Eastern Time)
LiveMeeting (GMT-5), United States of America
|26.Oct 2020, 12:00 - 26.Oct 2020, 14:30||
|LiveMeeting (GMT-5)||12.Nov 2020, 12:00 - 12.Nov 2020, 14:30||
|LiveMeeting (GMT-5)||08.Dec 2020, 12:00 - 08.Dec 2020, 14:34||
|LiveMeeting (GMT-5)||17.Dec 2020, 12:00 - 17.Dec 2020, 14:34||
Contact person:Siemens Wind Service Training Center
Address:Siemens Wind Service Training Center
7415 Emerald Dunes Drive, Suite 100
FL 32822 Orlando
United States of America