GWO BSTR-P Working at Heights Refresher Partial (SE-P-50304)
PurposeThe aim is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills from GWO BST Working at Height training through theoretical and practical training so that course participants can use basic personal protective equipment and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in the wind industry and in a wind turbine environment.
ObjectivesOn course completion the participant shall be able to:
- - Explain the hazards and risks associated with working at heights in a wind turbine.
- - Explain how to identify PPE, including identification of European / Global standard markings on harness, hard hats, lanyards and other PPE.
- - Demonstrate how to correctly pre-use inspect, service, store and correctly fit harnesses, fall arrest lanyards, work positioning lanyards and other PPE.
- - Demonstrate correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. These include correct identification of anchor points
- - Demonstrate correct rigging of evacuation devices.
Theory / Practice
80% / 20%
Who should attend?The course is intended for personnel aiming to reduce their working at height skill fade during COVID-19 extension in situations where formal refresher training is unavailable.
The course is relevant for personnel with valid GWO Working at Height qualification.
PrerequisitesValid GWO BST Working at Heights OR GWO BST Working at Heights Refresher
NotesWINDA is Global Wind Organization's online training records database.
As Training Providers are required to upload a training record to your WINDA profile, you must register with a Delegate profile in WINDA.
Go to https://winda.globalwindsafety.org/ and click register - and get more information.
You must provide your WINDA ID to the Training Provider so they can upload your training records.
Existing expiry date + 6 months as per GWO BSTR-P
System requirements needed to run this e-learning:
Online communication platform software as per Training Center requirements/Joining instructions e.g. Skype, MS Teams, Adobe Connect, WebEx, and/or Facetime
Webcam and microphone
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Processor: Dual Core 2 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Disk: 1GB of free disk space
Sound Card and Speakers (or headphones)
Graphics processor: Intel HD3000 or better
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixel (24 Bit) or 1920 x 1080 pixel
Internet Connection: 4Mbps Broadband connection (or equivalent)
Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 10+, Firefox 25+, Chrome 30+, Edge
Internet Browser Requirements:
- - Adobe Flash Player 12 or above
- - Pop-ups enabled
- - Cookies enabled
Course duration3.6 hours
Export controlAL-Number: N
Course datesThe following dates are available
Teams (US Eastern Time)
LiveMeeting (GMT-5), United States of America
|26.Oct 2020, 08:00 - 26.Oct 2020, 11:30||
|LiveMeeting (GMT-5)||12.Nov 2020, 08:00 - 12.Nov 2020, 11:30||
|LiveMeeting (GMT-5)||08.Dec 2020, 08:00 - 08.Dec 2020, 11:34||
|LiveMeeting (GMT-5)||17.Dec 2020, 08:00 - 17.Dec 2020, 11:34||
Contact person:Siemens Wind Service Training Center
Address:Siemens Wind Service Training Center
7415 Emerald Dunes Drive, Suite 100
FL 32822 Orlando
United States of America